Commercial Leases & Licences
Understanding the legal nuances of Leases and Licences is fundamental for Landlords and Commercial Tenants. It is essential that you have clarity on your legal rights and obligations. The Landlord & Tenant legal framework is complex, so it is important that your contractual documentation is drafted and reviewed by experts and that you have somewhere to go with ad hoc questions along the way.
Our team of experienced Real Estate solicitors have a deep understanding of the complex legal issues that need navigating when negotiating or advising on Leases and Licences. We can provide you with the guidance and support you need to navigate issues as they arise.
We regularly act for Prime Central London residential and commercial Landlords and commercial Tenants. Our client base includes substantial real estate Funds, sophisticated Landlords with large property portfolios, Developers and Commercial Tenants including retail, restaurant and leisure chains.
Our team is on hand to advise you on any legal issues relating to Landlord & Tenant law, including but not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating Leases and Licences
- Providing ad hoc advice on Rent Reviews, Break Clauses and Renewal Options
- Providing advice on compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations such as EPC and the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards
- Resolving Landlord & Tenant disputes
- Advising on the legal implications of breach of Leases, including Forfeiture
We offer a commercial, pragmatic approach to providing legal services, meaning that we use our knowledge of the law to provide you with the clarity you need to make commercial decisions.
If you would like to learn more about a Lease or Licence issue, then get in touch. We would be happy to help you.
Ridgemont’s team is made up of expert senior solicitors, all of whom previously worked in “Big Law” (i.e. the top 50 law firms in the UK).
We provide bespoke advice tailored to your needs. Our advice is commercial and pragmatic, enabling you to use it effectively to make business decisions.
We have an expert understanding of real estate law. We can guide you through the maze of commercial leases & licences.
We are user-friendly. Our lawyers speak in plain English, providing service levels akin to “Big Law”. We have built our processes to make onboarding as pain-free as possible. Our fee earner structure means that you have access to a partner-level solicitor at all times and they will always be on top of your matter.
We operate our business in an ethical way. That means we think about what the “right thing to do” is when making a business decision. As an example, we do not charge a default unit of time for incoming emails or letters as we think we ought to be paid for work done, not for merely receiving correspondence. We are also open and transparent on what we charge, meaning our clients never receive a surprising invoice.
We provide “Big Law” service levels and quality of advice, with expert senior solicitors providing commercial, pragmatic advice. Necessarily, that does not come cheap as we have to invest in great lawyers and everything they need to do their job. However, due to us having comparatively lower overheads to “Big Law” firms, we are able to charge less than they would for providing the same service levels and advice.
We are proactive in finding innovative ways to advise our clients in a cost proportionate way.
Who we act for?
We act for commercial Landlords and commercial tenants. We also act for Prime Central London residential tenants.
Your journey with us
- Get in touch using the contact form below, calling us on 0203 909 9590 or emailing us at email@example.com
- We guarantee that we will be in touch with you the same day to listen to your needs and to explain how we can help and the likely cost.
- Assuming you wish to engage us, we will then onboard you as a client, which normally takes a matter of hours.
- From there, you will be assigned an experienced solicitor who will have conduct of your matter from cradle to grave and be available to speak to you and responsive to emails at every juncture.
You can learn more about our journey by watching these videos.
KEY CONTACT: John Wallace
Founder and Head of Real Estate